On January 26, Republic Day is celebrated every year in India. Though on August 15, 1947, India got independence, but the laws of the land were created and made public only after January 26, 1950 when the constitution of India came into existence. You should know how to celebrate Republic Day with your family as by celebrating Republic Day every year, the citizens remind themselves and take pledge to work in national interests and stop thinking only about their personal interests. Moreover there are many best places to visit on Republic Day with your family such as the grounds where all the functions take place, schools, etc. Many people celebrate Republic Day at home with husband and some do 26th January Republic Day celebration with wife.
Top 5 Republic Day Celebration Ideas at Home
Also you should celebrate Republic Day 26th January with kids to let them know the importance of this day. So the below are the top 5 Republic Day celebration ideas and also the best ways to celebrate happy Republic Day at home. So have a look at the 5 best 26th January celebration ideas which might sound a bit different but not unpatriotic. People also send Republic Day HD wallpapers, images and all to celebrate this event with their friends, relatives and colleagues.
- Instead of watching the parade on TV, you can get your society to hire a big screen and then all together, you can watch the parade like an IPL final. You can get some hot Jalebis and samosas for everyone and give flags to all the kids, and watch the soldiers’ pound the Rajpath. You are sure to have Goosebumps. Even there are so many Republic Day online shopping offers on various sites like Flipkart, Jabong, Myntra, etc.; and you can shop for your wife, kids from these sites at home with ease.
- You can have horse ride. At least for this day, you can get off your cars and bikes, and try to live the true horsepower. Arrange and get on the back of an old unemployed filly and enjoy a bit of royalty on hooves. You might not be a good rider. But I am pretty sure that fine equine discretion will lead you to the difference between a canter and a trot. Try to pay the local Ghodawalla a bit of more attention; he will definitely have a wider smile.
- Invent a patriotic dish. Give it the finest name possible. Buy from the Republic of Chicken. Or do something that needs a handful of saffron. Ouch. Don’t do the tri-color rigmarole pudding. It’s too clichéd. Make the Dal of Thunder, The Saffron Inquisition, or the Great Onion of Panipat.
- On this day, you should step out of your home, and go and meet your neighborhood army personnel’s or citizens of that zone. Also remember those who lost their lives in war.
- You can also fight for a flag-raising event and give the chance to a younger member to raise the flag. As the nation belongs to the little ones, so try to instill nationalism early in their lives. This would make them remember and they will never forget. They will be grateful. Jai Hind!
Republic Day Celebration in India
Though Republic Day is celebrated every year by the entire nation, but not all give importance to this day. Very few people know why we celebrate this day in the year. Due to this day, the Indian constitution has given every citizen of India some fundamental rights. You have got the power to govern yourselves. You can choose your own government and so you should always take care that you vote for the right candidate so that he/she can work for the interest of the country and the people living here.
The duty of the citizens of India is to guard the constitution and on every Republic Day, this needs to be reminded to all. There is a single integrated judicial system for the entire country. So, in case there is violation of any of your rights, you have all the rights to reach out for justice.